Well maybe not "hell" but I am not such a huge fan of this whole process.
We were going to wait a bit longer to actually dive in head first- we have tried previously but wanted to follow Henry's lead and it quickly faded away and he was no longer interested. But recently our day care director approached us about moving Henry up to preschool a bit early. They usually wait until they are almost 3 to start transitioning but Henry has shown he is too advanced for the toddler room and is pretty bored.
The kids aren't required to be potty trained to move up to preschool but we figured now is as good of a time as any- plus we can use moving up to preschool as a motivator.
So yesterday I busted out the Mickey Mouse undies and we dove in head first. He only had 2 accidents all day- one was right away in the morning and the other was after dinner. I did put him in a pull-up for nap time and he was a bit wet when he woke up.
Today is another story. He has been good about going pee [although he did have a pee accident once already today] but I don't think he realized that he has to poop on the toilet too. OH MY GOSH was it gross. I actually started gagging and threw the underwear away- I was not about to be scraping poop off undies- hats off to you cloth diaper moms...I don't know how you do it.
Now he is down for his nap...in underwear. He refused to put a pull-up on. Pray for me.
I will [hopefully] be posting on Monday with lots of pictures of all the kiddos.
Friday, November 11, 2011
We're in Potty Training Hell.
Posted by Jenny at 11:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


























6 comments:
we are right there with you! ugh!! olivia has zero interest & trying to bribe her is not cutting it lately.
Good luck! Not to discourage you, but pooping took 3-4 months for Dylan to totally grasp. He conquered peeing in about 5 days but the pooping was another story. Stick with it, he will get it but it takes time! Ugh...wait until you get pooped on, that was the worst! :)
Carsyn was 100% pee trained but continued to poo his pants for several months after pee training. He would trick us and poo in the potty once in awhile but then it was back to pooping his pants once a day. Even with wearing undies and staying dry at night. Don't get discouraged. I think its totally normal. Sounds like he is doing great with the pee part!
Yuck I had to clean a poopy underwear about a month ago too. The 2nd time it happened I threw it away too... too messy & thankfully she hasn't had any accidents in at least 3 weeks! Good luck to you :) Henry seems to pick things up very easily so I'm sure it won't be very long before he's wearing undies all the time!
brave woman! i've just been thinking about trying this with elliot some time soon... i can't wait to hear how the rest of the weekend goes.
good luck!
You are such a brave woman.. God Luck to you and your family!
Best pre workout supplement
Post a Comment