Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Vent.

What is wrong with having just 2 boys?

Why must EVERYONE ask us when we are going to "go for the girl"?

I don't get it.

I can't tell you how many people have asked us and/or told us that we have to go for a girl. I don't want a girl...I'm perfectly happy with my 2 boys and when I tell them this I get looked at like I have a third eye in the middle of my forehead.

So that's it people...we are done having kids. No girls ::gasp::

That's all :) I hope everyone has an awesome and safe Halloween. I can't wait to blog stalk on Monday with all the cutie photos I'm sure will be posted :)



13 comments:

Hay Hay said...

Baby Boys rock :)

I'm secretly hoping when we have #2 it's another boy :)

A/K said...

That's so annoying!! I actually get the opposite now that we're pregnant with #2: "So, are you hoping it's a boy?" "I bet you want a boy!" etc. Actually, I'd be thrilled beyond belief with two girls, thankyouverymuch.

People have no filter.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Megan Ashley said...

Some people just don't get it! I wanted both but that's just me. I am so happy that you addressed this because honestly some people out there really think they need to "nose" into other's business and push their opinions! Have a great weekend

Jeannie said...

The minute I found out I was having a boy, thats when the "Are you really happy that you're having a boy?" I don't know how many times I heard that...

People are stupid sometimes and seriously don't think.

Little boys are the best!!!

Unknown said...

That's one of the reasons we didn't find out what we are having this time....I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have another girl....but if it is a girl, I don't want to hear any negative comments about it "just being another girl" (we have all girl grandbabies on both sides at the moment).
That is really irritating. Why do people even care?! And, FYI, to all those suggesting you "go for a girl," you shouldn't ever have another child just because you are want a certain gender...there's a 50% chance you won't get it!

MrsBro... said...

::claps::

Thank you Jenny!! We get that all the time and then people seem upset when we say no more kiddos for us!

Maybe it's because we make such gorgeous offspring??? :p

Kristy Villa said...

I think people don't realize how annoying it is when they say that! I get asked alot "when are you going for the boy" now that we have a girl. Uhm, we aren't "going" for anything except a healthy baby. I love my girl and I'd be happy with any gender we are blessed enough to have.

Your family is beautiful and those 2 boys are adorable!

Mama Fee said...

So sorry everyone is getting in your business! I feel that way sometimes too. I have had several people ask me if I wanted a boy at first and if I was happy with a baby girl!?!??! Weird!

Sally said...

I have a 1 year old little boy now and would be absolutely thrilled if the next one is a boy as well. (Not pregnant now, just saying for the future.)
In fact, I think I'd be a little dissapointed if the next one was a girl because I love the thought of my baby boy having a little brother. Plus, think about all the money you'll be saving since everything is already blue!

Anonymous said...

I know where you're coming from...I have 3 boys, 4 brothers in my family and all boy cousins on both sides of our extended family. While a girl would've been nice...I LOVE MY 3 BOYS and we as well are often asked when the girl is coming. I politely say, "when my boys get married."

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I also have 2 little boys and don't have intentions of "trying for a girl". God has blessed us with beautiful little boys and there is nothing like watching them play together.

Enjoy your boys!!

Kit*Grace said...

I've been following your blog for a lil while and so was glad to see this post! I have a Henry too (22 mo) and Porter (8 weeks). I can't believe people ask if I was disappointed with having two boys and strangers are already jumping on the " so you going for a girl, next?". We'll take whatever God gives us! Thankyouverymuch. I am blessed to have two very healthy boys!

Kathryn Reynolds said...

I have 2 boys also and I get this all.the.time. When I was pregnant w/ my youngest, people would say, "oh, I'm so sorry." when I told them it was another boy. Excuse me? Why are you sorry? It's a baby!

Post a Comment